Friday, May 11, 2012

A Blur



These past couple of weeks have been a complete blur...so many ups and downs I can't even catch my breath. I woke up April 30th to a text from my father saying that Papa had passed away early in the morning. I think I actually held my breath for over a minute until I exhaled...and stared at the wall for over an hour. I quickly got online afterward and began my normal routine of logging into my email, my facebook, my twitter, my blog, my youtube...drowning my thoughts with posts of fashion, fitness, and more....As I watched the posts begin to overflow facebook with condolences and memories...I saw THIS.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! My cousin was congratulating me on winning the HauteShots Boudoir Spokesmodel Contest....

Are you kidding me right now....I seriously ran to my husband with tears in my eyes not knowing whether to celebrate or cry...This was soooo much more than a "I get to wear lingerie and take photos" kind of contest for me...Celebrating my body, my strength...accepting who I am, what I look like, and where I come from. In some ways Papa had helped me get to this point. I mean...let's face it...We all know where we got our nose...our strong will, our stubbornness...sometimes overpowering and opinionated selves...our family has been through a lot...and while the story is lengthy and somewhat personal...our fight for life and passion for all we do..comes from Papa...and his life struggle...

So...I WON...I seriously WON....and YOU GUYS are part of the reason...I can't thank you enough...though I am not sure of the details..as this is the first Spokesmodel they have ever had...I am so honored to get to work with women who share the same passion as I do.I can't say it enough...the women of HauteShots are amazing...and I have said it before....EVERY women should have a set of photos they can look at and say....I am beautiful...and sexy....whether private or public....If you haven't checked them out yet..do... Kat (Makeup Artist), Whitney (hair stylist), Stacie (Photographer) and Rachel (Hair stylist) were incredible to work with..and after 3 minutes of nerves...I felt sooo comfortable and beautiful...and if you are ever in Vegas...get yourself some sexy get ups and be a part of this experience..I promise you...you will be forever changed...

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you momma's out there....My sister and my dad will be sharing some memories of my mom and breakfast as per usual and a phone call to my wonderful mother-in law who I wish lived closer to us...Love you all!

P.S. Don't forget to Enter the Giveaway going on from Fashion to Figure!!! The first of many thank you to all of you!
Share:

10 comments

  1. Oh my! You look stunning! Beautiful photo and it is obvious that the camera loves you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your Papa and Congratulations on winning. That is an awesome thing. You look stunning and this is something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Shana! You deserve it ..although all 3 of you women are stunning and beautiful, your winning is a win for natural and pure beauty from the inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is bitter sweet I know, but congratulations on winning, I voted for you so glad you won. And my condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Papa!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You SO deserve it, Shana! I love you! You're GORGEOUS! <3 <3 <3

    Dawnya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shana, I am so glad that you entered the contest- I knew you had it in you to go far and it worked!

    I am so happy to have you as our spokesmodel this year as I know you will bring an additional and totally exciting element to our team.

    Your sense of style, as well as being budget-minded, is one of those things that is a rare combo to have and I know will truly empower other women to feel beautiful without feeling like they need a million bucks to feel like a million bucks.

    I know your grandfather is proud to have helped raise such a strong woman. There is no better way to honor your family than to show the world how great you are because of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations my dear. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! You deserve it hot lady!!

    I am sorry for your loss but he helped make you into who you are today so a part of him lives on through you =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your papa.

    You look amazing in that picture. i think i need to call Las Vegas Bikini and Figure Team and get my body in shape again. I go to LVAC and sometimes I get so bored of the same routine and sometimes I don't get motivated to go to the gym.

    divina

    sheworethis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig