Friday, February 18, 2011

Be good to your heart, Go Red

DSC02163

DSC02108

DSC02093


So I was invited to attend the GoRed Luncheon for the American Heart Association! I go almost every year amongst donating and volunteering. I really support what they do, not only because it is so close to home, but because 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
2011 Women's Guidelines
While there are many causes and risks here are a few that were highlighted at the luncheon. I loved the lunch, Weight Watchers sponsored the food and put points next to all of them. I discovered that I love plum upside down cake..and it was 150 calories!!!

I also learned a few things that I never knew, like for instance, did you know that if you have a bad tooth ache, it can also be a symptom of heart disease? Same goes for neck pain, back pain in the middle of your back, tingling in your hands, and chest pain on your RIGHT side? While being a hypochondriac will get you nowhere, remember that symptoms that come without any explanation are not to be taken lightly.
Please share your story if you have one, this helps to bring a face to Heart disease, an age, or even an ethnicity.

Now, have a good weekend, and remember to go to SAVERS on Monday! I will be posting my new weekly series on thrifting to get you better prepared starting tomorrow so stay tuned!!!



DSC02094

DSC02095

 DSC02105

Classic Risks and Causes
2011 Women's Guidelines



DSC02103

DSC02102DSC02101

DSC02100DSC02099


DSC02104
Share:

1 comment

  1. I love your cardigan! Black and White are my favorite two colors. I also adore stripes :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig