Friday, January 28, 2011

Kick in the Butt Friday: Beat your dreams down!

Top Left: Tanya, Frannie, Dawnya, Me, Edwina
Second Row Left: Jennifer, Meaghan, Little Jasmine, and Lynn

"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."
Neil Kendall


So you are probably wondering what the heck we are doing looking like this! haha My quote for today reminded me of the above. My good friend Lynn and I were sitting in our MBA class and all we could talk about was dance, performing, and how it was accessible to us when we were young. Kids these days no longer have the opportunity to take dance, music NOTHING! so we created a non-profit...easier said than done...but I was part of the American Heart Association and an opportunity to perform came up. So we wrangled friends who were dancers, friends who were non-dancers, and anyone would come and listen to us yell at them for 2 hours about looking creepier or more dead. We perfected Michael's moves and we were good...like really good...haha this was a dress rehearsal so it wasn't perfect but you get the point! check out our dress rehearsal !
 The Thrilla Killa's! Michael Jackson had passed away 4 months after the Heart Ball! WE were devastated and then we got a call from Subaru of America asking us to perform for them! So that would be the second picture. Our make up was done professionally and we had an amazing time! So what does this have to with the quote below? Well, I am glad you asked...I wanted to perform..I wanted to make a difference, and I love MICHAEL and well...I had a dream  and it wasn't happening!!! so I literally hunted down an opportunity and MADE IT HAPPEN. I mean...they hired people to perform and I basically said...umm I have dancers! and then I  forced asked my friends to get their dancing shoes and start dancin! haha anyway, please tell me about your dreams, and if you have ever hunted them down! haha Would love to hear from you!  

Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig