Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Heart Vegas: Red Rock

Day 17

Dior Top Thrifted Savers

Earrings H&M

Red Rock Las Vegas

Dior Shirt Thrfited Savers

Purse Mom's

J'adore Las Vegas

The Desert

Hitch Hiking

On the road

 
Hitchhiker
Outfit Details
Heels: Steve Madden
Skirt: Banana Republic (I got it last year)
Top: Dior Thrifted Savers
Scarf: Thrifted Savers
Purse: My Mom's
Watch: Thrifted Savers
Earrings: H&M (they were $1!!!)


Can I first say..THANK YOU to my friends and my family who reached out to me yesterday..the emails, the phone calls, and to all my blogger friends...you have no idea how much it means to me..all of your comments, the stories you shared...it truly means a lot...and helped me through a tough day...so..THANK YOU!!! I blogged and totally forgot to post it!

Now on to one of my favorite places in Las Vegas! I was born here...I know... my family came from all over the world...and me...VEGAS...but I LOVE it here and there are so many beautiful places...that are FAR AWAY from the "strip".....so I wanted to venture off and share a piece of Vegas with all of you who may have never been here...or just didn't have the time...

 
We are on the road to RED ROCK in this picture...I live very close to this location and that was one of my pre-requisites for a house...I wanted to face the mountains...that and a big fat game room, a room for all of my crafts and mild case of "hoarders" and an awesome guest bedroom for all of my family and friends who come visit. Our balcony to our master faces these mountains...and it's perfect...

We seriously have one of the best sunsets here...we will have some pics of the sunset when we visit Boulder City soon...but here you can see the mountains in the background...and well the horseback riding... rock climbing (which is known to be the best in the world as far as trails go), the star gazing..and the random donkey sightings...

Horseback Riding

The mountains make me feel safe...and this my friends is one of my favorite places to go with the hubby...we take our boo boo's (sophie and sampson) our two labs and we go on walks and talk..it's free and ..it isn't a lot but it's special...and we cherish it almost every Sunday...ok I lie..it has been a couple of Sunday's since we have been sooo busy...but we shall resume this weekend....I can't lie...I think the husband reads my blog sometimes...haha  


Share:

10 comments

  1. The background is almost as stunning as the lady! I love the pop of color with the scarf! Ingenious!
    I read your last post and couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter how old you are, losing someone you love hurts. You are so lovely I can only imagine your mom was a classy, compassionate lady. Like mother like daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you always have the best shoes! I'm sorry about your rough day (and the reason behind it). I love that you're carrying your mom's purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I want to say that I love your blog and think that you're a really classy lady. Second, I totally understand how hard it is to lose someone that means so much to you. I hope and pray that your days get easier when it comes to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the one of you hitch hiking.....can someone give you a ride to my house??

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is making me wanna visit Las Vegas so BAD! i might just book myself some time off and go! Love your outfit, scarf gives the perfecto touch!!

    P.S. gAVE you an award on my blog, come check it out!!
    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just adorable! Were you born with that tee shirt? Looks like it was made just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous photos. I can't believe you thrifted that Dior top! Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw you on the Thurs for Thrifters link-up and I just love what you did with the scarf/bandana as a belt! Very inspiring!!!
    Also, I'm sorry to hear the bad news but glad to hear how the blog community has helped-that's so awesome, don't you think? That we can all feel so connected even if we don't know one another!
    And btw...you have fabulous eyebrows!

    thelittlestunicornonearth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My best friend lives in Vegas and enjoy trotting around outside of the strip. Vegas has so much more to offer. Cute outfit and love the hick hiking pics. You are beautiful by the way.
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the bun and the top..very cute hon!
    Sheree x
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig