Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! GOODWILL OC EDITION Take 2

The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the Week goes to
These dresses immediately caught my eye....I love the colors and the stripes are gorgeous....First of all, her sister is from Vegas....ummm I am seeing a Thrfiters Anonymous Member...Meeting...Secondly, they are sisters and I love that they can wear the same clothes!!! My sister is a size 0 so...sharing clothes doesn't happen much...you ladies are so cute and you know how much I love 80's dresses...these melt my heart...and Heidi....you crack me up...seriously...if you guys haven't read her blog then just go to her thrifty post...haha I TOO have a pet peeves with engagement photos in play grounds..and piggy backing with a relative...well...I am not sure if that is ok either...haha LOVE you Heidi! Thank you for linking up you and your sister!

Keep linking up your thrifted finds and if you missed PART 1 of the OC Edition link up you can check it out here ...you guys are incredible...there were 24 link ups and 5 new members!!!Don't forget to add your link to the left hand side HERE so we know who all of the members are!
 Thrifters Anonymous Link Up July 11, 2011

{SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO LINK UP YOUR FINDS}

Here is the second part of our Thrifters Anonymous meeting in the OC! We found a Goodwill and it brought us some great dresses...we felt like they were a little pricey...but totally worth it. All dresses were $8.99! This meeting was small but we did some major damage. Dawnya from Everything Nonsense and Photographer Extraordinaire and I tried on a bunch of clothes and I wanted to share some of my tips and secrests to a sucessful Meeting haha! I will show you some of my secrets when choosing the items but here is what happens once you get to the dressing rooms!

{On a side note...I was named the Trendsetter of the Month for ModeRepublic and I am freaking out...I love this online magazine...you can share your looks and fashionistas across the world post their looks and vote for their favorite! You can check it our HERE...I have a feature coming up soon in the magazine too I will keep you posted...so cool..and to think I am wearing thrifted clothes! haha}

ok on to a TON of pictures...
{15 TIPS for Thrifters Anonymous Members}
DSC07910
TIP 1: Look at your cart, laugh, take a picture, and go grab another cart for your yesses. Stay close to the put away rack if you can.
DSC07914
TIP 2: DON'T go in the dressing room...it's way too hot, and no tas much fun. Keep your clothes on like Dawnya here and start trying everything on!
{This dress is a vintage piece she picked up...sooo cute!}
DSC07917
{P.E. Found this vintage piece...fit her perfectly!}
DSC07922
TIP 3: Always go in with "I am not going to buy _______"..i.e. winter stuff.
TIP 4: BREAK your rule if you find something as fabulous as this Coral jacket

DSC07913
{I broke my rule here too...this was my FAVORITE find of the day...and it is a true vintage piece...LOVE}
DSC07921
TIP 5: Always come in with an agenda i.e. Wide Leg Jeans.
{Dawnya snagged these designer wide leg jeans...even after she swore to me that she would never be able to find them....this is what happens when you talk trash to me during meetings...haha}
DSC07926
TIP 6: Give up all of your rules, i.e. I can't wear vintage I am too big
{As you can see P.E. found this vintage piece she would have never picked out 6 months ago!}
DSC07909
TIP 7: Always look in the shoe section...and ALWAYS BELIEVE you will find the exact item you were looking for...ALWAYS look through all sizes..cuz ya neva....know....
{Dawnya had been eying Kendi's red shoes for months now...and VOILA! $4 later....}
DSC07925
TIP 8: Don't let your friends or strangers change your mind from trying something that calls your name...I sure didn't...and I LOVE this dress....friends and strangers will change their mind after they see how fabulous you look..I promise...
DSC07938
TIP 9: Sizes are irrelevant in a thrift store...if you are a large, and it says it is a medium...TRY IT ON....P.E. has a tendency to do this a lot...ummm this MEDIUM fits P.E. perfectly....so pretty!!!
DSC07947
{80's Onesies/jumpers are a must...people don't understand them...and that is what makes them amazing...}
DSC07936
I LOVED this polka dot vintage dress!
DSC07952
{SIZE 11 exists in thrift stores...and brand new snake skin size 11's existed at Goodwill...can we say sexy!}
DSC07951
{These flower shorts are adorable...and now I feel as though I need a pair, great find Dawnya!}
DSC07945
{Oskie Woskie in Blue}
DSC07954DSC07955
TIP 10: Find some couches and begin the evaluation!
DSC07956DSC07958
TIP 11: Hold them up to see if there are any stains or holes
DSC07959DSC07960
TIP 12: Remind yourself why you fell in LOVE with the piece and confess your reasons as to why you MUST get it to your other Thrifters Anonymous Members.
DSC07961DSC07957
TIP 13: Bust out the calculator and begin calculating how much this crap is gonna cost...and make sure you add in any discounts...Goodwill bamboozled us ...NO DISCOUNTS...
ALWAYS have a budget in mind $30 is a reasonable budget that will help you really stay on point.
DSC07964DSC07963
TIP 14: Make sure you are 100% sure you want to let something go...does it break one of your rules for the day? Will you wear it right away? Is it over your budget and you want other items more?
{P.E. was not happy about this decision }
DSC07931DSC07932
yep...it's a Knotts Berry Farm uniform haha
DSC07941
MAMMA MIA...
DSC07943DSC07948
haha she was having some fun
DSC07950DSC07942
ok...maybe a little too much fun!
DSC07929
I was sad SHE let this one go...
DSC07937
and I was sad I let this one go....
DSC07923
This almost passed the test until we got to evaluation and found some major damage to the seams....NOT WORTH IT if it is not a vintage piece....
DSC07916
yeah....this wouldn't close...I still got 15 more pounds to lose....ughhh
DSC07911
ENOUGH P.E. LET IT GOOOOOOO hahaha

TIP 15: Make sure to go home or grab a bite to eat and look at your finds, show your finds to your friends, and Re-live the whole experience!
DSC07965

DSC07967

DSC07966

Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!
Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!
Thrifters Anonymous

Here is how it works...
  • Click on the "Click here to enter" button below
  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
LINK UP BELOW!



I am linking up my tips here!
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Share:

7 comments

  1. i looove thrifting! it just gets me all giddy inside whenever i enter a thrift shop! i especially love scoring hot vintage designer items at a fraction of the price!!! aside from thrifting, i actually have 1 nore rule in shopping...as i regularly sell my old items on ebay, i make sure i can only shop (on sale) or thrift when i do sell my stuff...ZERO sales mean ZERO shopping...it's just my way of saving more money...and usually i only try to shop a percentage of what i earned that week so that i still get to keep some of the earnings and make sure not to splurge them all in new finds ;) i hope i can one day join your adventures, but for now, i'll join you in spirit :D

    ♥♥

    http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some amazing finds! I never have that much luck with dresses in thrift stores!
    I only have one real rule for thrifting, I have to wear the item at least as many dollar as I pay for it. This can get me in trouble with 1$ items like belts and scarves. But for larger items it's a really good measure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg....the adult onesies CRACK THIS MAMA UP! I have a little one in onesies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the shout out!!! next time i am in vegas we will have to have a thrifting meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Love Monday now due to the TA linky. Love seeing what amazing finds people purchase.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Goodwill IS a bank breaker! But I like their 50% off on holidays. When is the next holiday? hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to come to a Thrifters Anonymous Meeting with you. Ya'll always score some fab outfits!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig