Wednesday, August 24, 2011

20/20

Skirt Thrifted Dinosaurs and Roses

Loui Vuitton My Mom's

Necklace Thrifted Savers
yeah..I wear glasses

Skirt Vintage Thrifted Savers

Bracelet Thrifted Savers

Top Thrifted Dinosaurs and Roses
Outfit Details
Heels: Max Studio Marshalls
Vintage Pencil Skirt: Thrifted Dinosaurs and Roses (Found in this post)
Necklace: Thrifted Savers
Gold & Whie bracelet: Thrifted Savers
Loui Vuitton: My Mom's
I have a HUUUGE confession...so..about 2 years ago I found myself squinting at night and really having a hard time seeing when I was driving...I had mentioned it to my sister who worked at Optic Gallery at the time..and she told me to go and get my eyes checked....I seriously didn't want to go but I did...I mean there was a Justin Timberlake concert coming up and I wanted to SEE him ya know? So they did your normal check up...and well...I CHEATED....yep folks.....I full on CHEATED on my own freaking eye test...
Technician: Ok Shana close one eye and let's look at your left eye can you see the letters?
ME: Ok...I AMLUTR
Technician: very good...now let's do the other eye
Me: Totally got this...as I sneakily opened the other eye I rattled off the letters and was on my way with 20/20 vision!
I fooled them! BAMBOOZLED I tell ya....muahhhhh ahhh
except..EXCEPT...I couldn't see crap at night...
FINALLY I went back and took it for realz..turns out one eye was slightly lower than the other and I really only needed a slight variation for night time driving and far away things...

I guess I was sad and scared that my body was failing me....I mean I am a pretty competitive person...and when someone tells me I can't do something, I will do anything I can to do it..and do it the best...

That's the thing about our body...our mind often beats out our body...leaving us somewhat helpless...I have learned that I am waaaay more powerful with glasses...I mean not only cuz my husband thinks I look hot...but I can see stuff....like details of stuff from far away hahaha

oh and Mr. JT was perfection and Timbaland showed up...and I saw EVERY BIT of it...
So...moral of the story...get yo eyes checked...cuz seeing clearly is pretty awesome..and it makes for a great accessory....


Share:

12 comments

  1. Love your outfit. Especially those shoes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I get nervous during eye exams too! Love the colorful button down shirt!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! Loving this outfit & your smexy glasses.

    I felt as though I was living a new life when I got mine. There were so many things I didn't notice before...HUGE change :)

    xx

    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this shirt the colors look great on you too.
    When I was about 8 I lied about needing glasses because my big SISTER got them! And I wanted some too. But I was to chicken to fail the eye test on purpose.
    Of course Karma struck and at 11 I NEEDED glasses... But I've learned to accept them for the 'sexy librarian' look they provide me with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL, but now you have the glasses so you can SEE that you look smokin' hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the button-up with that skirt! And you look great in those specs :)

    - Emily at twogirlstwofriends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shirt is amazing, so colourful and it really suits

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been walking around blind for years now because I'm too stubborn to go get my eyes checked. Your glasses look cute. If I looked that cute maybe I'd go! I love your top too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! Love the colors of your top. Thanks for linking up to thriftaholics weekly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those shoes are fabulous!

    xo jeanette

    www.simplychicforcheap.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely gorgeous. I love the glasses. Girl, my vision is soooooo bad....I pray each time that I go to the optometrist that they don't declare me 'legally blind'. SERIOUSLY!!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig