Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First day of school

Vintage Bag My Mom's

Wrong way :O)

Vintage Blouse Thrifted

Wide Leg Jeans Seven Thrifted

Bew Swap Meet

Bracelet H&M

Kisses
Outfit Details
Vintage Blouse: Thrifted Savers
Wide Leg Jeans: 7 for all mankind Thrifted Savers
Heels: BCBG Thrifted Savers
Vintage Bag: My Mom's
Necklace: Thrifted
Bracelet: H&M
Blue Hair Bow: Swap Meet ( I paid $1!)

I can remember my excitement picking out my mismatched outfit complete with lace, bows, and lots of accessories...I was ready to go to kindergarten. I would stand in front of the house ready for my picture...my backpack completely stiff and free of tears and broken zippers...I could not believe my surprise when I walked in and saw a small play house fit with kitchen and refrigerator...with fake eggs...a small costume closet, and a full set of paint brushes and human size blocks. It was Mrs. Campbells room and I could not wait to learn...I remember having a lot of friends in kindergarten and always wanting to go back the next day.

Let' fast forward 26 years...I got a real house, real eggs, and let's just say I am not exactly thrilled to go back to work EVERY SINGLE DAY....haha I mean...dressing up as a business women seemed like so much fun? I never thought I would actually be saying this...but why was I so much in a rush to grow up? With school starting I am reminded very quickly that no one really prepares you for the real stuff...the day to day...stuff...the not so good stuff...I mean I certainly wasn't pretending that I had DEADLINES...and BAD people out there trying to get what I have...haha yeah no..I am pretty sure I was pretending I was a famous dancer and I was a FANTASTIC cook...

When you get older you no longer have a summer break (unless you are teacher...) but really it all just melts together into one long year...or when you turn 30....a REALLY REALLY fast year...

I put on this "barrette" with a "bow" and immediately felt like a little girl...I wanna go to Disneyland and make my dad ride the matterhorn with me cuz I was too scared to go alone...School may not be starting but I am excited to see what this school year is going to bring...

 





Share:

16 comments

  1. Super cute! I LOVE LOVE those jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bow and the ponytail! Girl, I can totally relate about growing up and getting old. The other day, our part time office help who is still in college called me "maam" and I about died. lol I swear, in my head I'm still 25!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit, I am in love with your moms purse!! so great!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shana,
    How are you SO beautiful, talented, sophisticated AND adorably cute at the exact same time? I really don't get it but I love it! LOVE the barrette!!! And the handbag - your mom had brilliant taste. xoxo
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely chic boho ensemble!totally love those pants!cute blue bow too.;)Lovely chic boho ensemble!totally love those pants!cute blue bow too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look totally amazing!
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit and post. I like all your accessories... grown up, but sweet, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your cute outfit Shana! havent been able to comment on your blog for a while bec of all the engagement craziness. I am engaged! LOL

    I am back on the scene now. how you been? your looks look amazing!

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit!!


    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are styling in those wide legs pants and the top is just lovely. You look too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute jeans and you know I adore a good hair bow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your little vintage bag, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute outfit! :]


    PolaBerry
    polaberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing, love the outfit and pics. Great bag too!

    This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

    I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

    Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig