Tuesday, November 18, 2014

FindingFaith: Pozole

POZOLE! Something I LOVE about this time of year is soup and stews. I was introduced to pozole by one of my friends on a ski trip to Big Bear a few years ago, and it is something I make for my family every winter. Although she made everything from scratch, I did find a canned option that I love. I prefer the chicken option over the pork. A LOT less fat and sodium, and in my opinion tastes better. The secret to making it amazing is what you add to it.

  I start with shredded cabbage, green onions and cilantro, then add a ladle full of soup. Top with a dollop of sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and an optional sprinkle of cheese. Finish with a squeeze of lime and hot sauce. (I prefer Crystal). Give it a try and tell me what you think. 

Another thing that my husband and I love during this time of year are mixed nuts in the shell. Something about cracking them open ourselves to get to prize inside feels like home and stirs up childhood memories. 


Can't wait for my next favorite holidays...Thanksgiving! Till next week...

Creatively yours, 

Faith

Share:

1 comment

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig