Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Fashion Week:Saturday

This week has been crazy, work has really had me all over the place. I haven't posted my Thursday and Friday pics but I will have to make up for them today. Friday was date night and my husband made me dinner when I got home! I am usually the one cooking something ethnic and always unique. But this one has to be the most thoughtful dinner...he made shake n bake. Yep, Shake N bake. I had never had it nor did I know what it was. And well, it was tasty! of course I had to add chalula and Tabasco to it. We then went to see Inception. Boy, this was my type of movie. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but if any of you have lost someone you will know what I mean. I was pretty emotional towards the end. Adam saw it differently, but that made for an interesting conversation afterwards. Great writing and thought process. The movie was 3 hours and it felt like 30 minutes. Well done. I recommend Inception.

Ok on to my fashion. I kept it kind of simple. I lost my sweater at the movie theatre, kind of sad I think that means I can go shopping :O) Once again it was hot, 112. I love long dresses, they are so comfortable, and I have been wearing my hair in a ponytail lately and twisting it! When your hair is dirty, it's 112, and you are lazy, creativity is at its best!




I am wearing:
Dress: NY & Company
Shoes: Kenneth Cole (Marshalls)
Earrings/Bracelet: Target
Purse: Coach (Outlet)

Enjoy your weekend!

Share:

15 comments

  1. You look very cute for your date night, I bet hubby loved it! The jewelry is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're headed to Inception this afternoon. Can't wait.
    Love the simple chic dress & Your hair!!! You've got to explain, please... how do you "twist it" like that? I warn you I WILL steal the style if you're willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Yes, hubby liked the dress, he likes really simple things, when I go crazy vintage or thrifted he doesn't get it haha Molly, I would love to share! I have had long hair since I was 4 so you get pretty creative.
    Step 1: Put your hair in a pony tail. (Dirty hair seems to work better)
    Step 2: Seperate in half ( two pieces)
    Step 3: Twist! wrap one piece around the other, twist as tight as you can then place a band at the end.
    IT will natuarally unwind but what is left is this kinda cool twist! Hope it works out! Post pics! and enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful, the dress is simple and super flattering and the jewelry is just the right touch of fun. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! your hair really makes the outfit-- i love it sooo much! When I see cute hair styles like that, I am encouraged in my "growing out" process. bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jewelry, especially against the black of the dress. Classic and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your twisted ponytail! It makes an up do look very fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOhhhh LA LA! That dress is GORGEOUS on you!

    what a hottie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair. And you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are gorgeous! I will also have to put Target on my mental list for places to find fun jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous Shana! I love the simplicity of the dress, and your twisty pony tail. It's all in the details...love the overall classic look.
    I'm dying to see inception now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you lost your sweater! I hope you get a replacement soon. I saw inception on Fri night as well. I really enjoyed it too! You are such a glamorous lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Than you so much!!!! You guys are so sweet and I am just having a blast with all of this. Emery Jo: I love my hair but I always find myself complaining as it is so much work, but when I finally do it I am glad that I have had the patience to grow it out! and TARGET has some great jewelry finds sometimes, expecially when they are on sale! Chelsea: Please post a pic and tell me how you did it! I am just going back and forth as to what paint to use and to do it. I found a table on craigslist and I am torn between paint, stain, I have no idea!!THANK YOU AGAIN everyone!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig