Monday, March 14, 2011

A Chunky Necklace & A Shopping Cart

Day 26

Day 26

Day 26

DSC03106
Day 26

Day 26

Day 26



day 26
Shoes: Joey Thrifted Savers $10 (2010), Jeans: F21 Thrifted Savers $4 (2010) , Shirt: H&M $7 (2011), Necklace: Kohls Dana Buckman $4
Outfit Total: $21

 Photographer Extraoridnaires Vision did not start off as well as I would have hoped, here are a few of the first shots...haha let's just say the shopping cart was a little awkward at first...

DSC03112


Day 26

Day 26

It is Monday and I am ready to go! While the end result of this photo shoot is probably my favorite to date, it started off a little rocky, as you can see from the bloopers haha Photographer spotted this shopping cart and desert and I was immediately sold on the location. So we began and let's just say it was a little awkward until I just relaxed and had fun! I got this necklace at Kohl's...I know..Kohl's..I feel like I am the last person to discover this place. When I had first gone in there, this necklace was $54...umm what? Dana Buckman who are you and why are you charging $54 for this stupid clown necklace!!?! I then went back about 2 weeks later and there it was under all of the sale jewelry, marked down to $4...yeah that wasn't a typo...it was $4!!! Now while I was excited and immediately changed my mind from thinking it was a clown necklace to thinking of the possibilities of this necklace I realized something...if something can go from $54 to $4...does that mean it really is only worth $4. I really start to lose respect for brands that do this sort of thing. It's like Banana Republic...one day it's $180 then next day it's $20...anyway, that is probably one reason why I never buy full price. I mean do you really need it NOW versus two weeks later?

I will be posting a Thrifters Anonymous Link Up Shortly, would love everyone to participate! My shoes and my jeans were thrifted from Savers, and the shirt was on sale for $7, and my necklace was on sale for $4. This is a perfect example of a Thrifters Anonymous outfit, also take a look at the Thrifters Anonymous page for examples of other ideas and link ups if you are wondering!

Have a lovely Monday !!!


Share:

11 comments

  1. Ha! My mermaid shoot started off the same way! So awkward. It was 54 degrees and windy on the beach and I was not feeling it at all!! Luckily Spouse was patient and it all worked out:) I love this outfit and at the price-unreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you crack me up! I LOVE this outfit! You rocked that necklace. It looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $4?! You are my hero.

    This is such a simple outfit in theory, jeans, heels and a blouse, but the texture of the blouse plus the cuffed jeans and the necklace takes it up SO many levels. You look awesome!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely NOT a clown necklace! I absolutely love it! This is a fantastic photo shoot you have here, very fun and real...I'm excited to see more,I'm a new follower:)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so impressed with your thrifting!! $21 for the whole outfit?! unheard of!

    and i need a nice chunky colorful necklace like this. the blue is beautiful and made the outfit perfect for the color brigade!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklaces add the perfect touch and that shopping cart pic is quite funny lol

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally just found your blog and i am a new follower! i LOVE that necklace and all of your fun poses w/ the shopping cart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the (NOT clown) necklace - what a STEAL!! And the local for your shoot - SO FAB! Love that the warehouse in the background matches your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, we're both aiming to collect "1000 Followers For All" in a group on 20sb. I guess I'm one of those guys.

    But the shopping cart in your photos made me remember a wonderful website about a classification system for stray shopping carts http://www.strayshoppingcart.com/

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this is wonderful! I especially love the pop of color in the necklace. You make me want to schedule a shoot immediately !

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig