Monday, October 03, 2011

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! St. Vincents Catholic Charities Edition

The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the week goes to 
Amy from 
Green Eggs and Hamm



Amy is a Thrifters Anonymous Member, a mommy, and a wife...and on her latest thrifting hunt she found a vintage coach, Bottega Veneta, and well this Oscar De La Renta!!! I am absolutely in love with this dress..In LOVE...Amy and her hubby share a love of thrifting and she even has a little shop where you can buy some of her great finds...Thank you Amy for sharing your thrifting treasures with us all and sharing some of your tips!! Amy made such a  good point! If you find great items like this, that means that there are probably more! Someone may have dropped off a whole bedroom filled with gems like this...LOVE!

There were so many great Thrifters Anonymous Members last week...24 to be exact so if you missed them you can check them out HERE.

So if you like me on Facebook and read my blog you know that my friend Dawnya from Everything Nonsense came down to Vegas to visit...and what would a visit be without some NONSENSE...and a Thrifters Anonymous Meeting!!

Since we are here in Vegas we decided to find a store we had not been to yet...so we went to St. Vincent Catholic Charities...and can I just say...this place was great! Call before you go as they have different sales everyday...and some days...like the day we went...anything other than jackets and jeans were $1 if they were $10 or less...$1!!! Stay tuned for a Live Version of Thrifters Anonymous on my YouTube Channel HERE

SCROLL DOWN TO LINK UP!

St. Vincent Catholic Charities Thrift Store
1767 North Rancho DriveLas Vegas, NV 89106

DSC01046

St. Vincents Catholic Chairites Thrift

I was excited about this dress until I put it on...
DSC01074

So I did this!
DSC01073

Find a couch throw, or blanket like this...and watch my video HERE on how to style it!
DSC01101

Into a great FALL Poncho!!! umm $1!
Sharing this idea with Savvy Home Made Monday HERE
Linking up HERE to EBEW DIY!
DSC01100

Vintage Skirt

Sister joined in on the fun, and I found her some amazing stuff...
Sister

DSC01055

DSC01056

DSC01057

DSC01058

DSC01059

DSC01060

DSC01061

DSC01062

Michael Kors and Neon!
DSC01064

DSC01067

She even found one of her inspiration pieces from Lauren Conrad!
DSC01068

DSC01070

DSC01071

DSC01072

DSC01076

This top was GUCCI!!!
DSC01078

DSC01080

DSC01081

DSC01083

DSC01079

DSC01084

Another Inspiration piece! CHECK!
DSC01085

DSC01086

DSC01088

DSC01090

DSC01091

DSC01095

DSC01104

DSC01107

Are you kidding me with these electric blue jeans?
DSC01108

DSC01117DSC01118
DSC01120DSC01119

Didn't make the cut, size or price :O(
DSC01093DSC01089
DSC01094DSC01096

Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!












Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!
Thrifters Anonymous


Here is how it works...
  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
  • I am also linking up to these parties! So many awesome crafts, ideas, and advice!
    LINK UP BELOW!
Share:

22 comments

  1. I am totally jealous of the amazing US thrift stores they are huge! I would seriously be there all day.
    XX Ilana
    http://mymodernvintagefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You found some great stuff! Please put this on my list for when I come visit next. I'm not sure I can wait longer for me to go to Vegas or you to come here. MAYBE we could meet in Chicago again and do some thrifting! I'v got 2 friends we could stay with.....

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great stuff! I love how sister had clippings from the mag with her...I so need to do that...I get side tracked too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ilana, I am 100% jealous of so many thrift stores you can find the US. Great finds!

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom lives in Vegas. I must plan a trip to see her and check out the fabulous thrift stores out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so inspiration what you can do to turn the fugly into fabulous!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shana! I tried to submit my recent Thrifting experience, but I guess I did something wrong with the link. The only option I saw was to cancel and go back to site. I didn't see the option to submit. Please advise.

    Great Finds by the other thrifters by the way!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you guys found such great pieces and really, really great brands!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg this is SUCH a great idea! what a great linkup idea! i am a thriftaholic anonymous! i guess i'm not anon anymore! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta, neons, beautiful tanks- wow looks like an amazing haul! There's a St. Vincent thift store near me but it's definitely a treasure hunt to find nice items! I made a thrifting confessional video this week (but accidentally cut off my head!) Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wanna go thrifting with you. It always looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. holy moly! Hot finds. I love scrolling through and seeing all the hits and misses. Love how you hiked up that black pleated number.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great finds! I love teh before and after with the black dress. The vest is great, the bright blue jeans. So many choices. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do I sign up!! You guys got some very cute stuff! I am following!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-is-where-i-was-last-sunday-sunset.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do I sign up!! You guys got some very cute stuff! I am following!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-is-where-i-was-last-sunday-sunset.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow that de la renta dress is a gorgeous find!! I love thrifting too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like an epic trip!!!!!! I'm always amazed at the cool stuff you find... or maybe it's that you have a special talent for making anything look hot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stumbled upon your blog, and I'm in love!! Linkin up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. woahhhh girl, you rock at thrifting! my fave looks: the oscar de la renta dress of course, the geometric black white & purple top, the polka dotted blouse with the orangey pencil skirt, and the light blue frilly dress. great finds!! (PS-Want to win a pair of Cents of Style shoes of your choice? Enter on my blog today: www.rubygirlblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that you shared a ton of pics of your try-ons (and fails). You so inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Love that poncho! Creative and yet very practical and thrifty. Chic and stylish too. I'm sure you have a lot of fun thrifting. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@medical scrubs uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  22. This should be illegal. this looks just like too much fun!
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig