Sunday, January 08, 2012

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! Value Village Seattle Edition!


The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the week goes to Keesha
from
That's My Mama

Jumpsuit, Belt, Jacket, Bag: ALL Thrifted That's my Thrifters Anonymous Member ;O)
Ok sexy mama...for all of you who know me you know I love my onesies...haha i.e. jumpers and jumpsuits...expecially thrifted ones...and when I saw this classic jumper paired with this white blazer...well...let's just say I was already hanging it on my "this is what I'm gonna wear tomorrow" rack. Keesha...you are one sexy mama and I LOVE this outfit...really...and those shoes...that belt...so...let me just warn you...I will be rocking this look...this week...to work...so don't get mad...I mean why else did I start Thrifters Anonymous but you copy all of you..MUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

If you missed last weeks Thrifters Anonymous member of the week click HERE
Click HERE to enter the SneakPeeq giveaway! Only two days left...and I have been going nuts over all of the jewelry on it right now...you can see my pics on my facebook page HERE
Scroll all the way down to link up!
DSC04124
As most of you know, the hubby and I went to Seattle to visit family and while we were out and about...we managed to find ourselves right in front of a Value Village...ok that isn't entirely accurate...It was more like...we walked like 12 miles in the rain to find Value Village...and when we finally got there...we were both starving and exhausted...but I did have a blast...while not buying much, the trying on was a fix for my ever growing addiction..I do regret not getting some stuff but when you travel and thrift you gotta be carefull..so here we go!

This Value Village was two stories...and had some great stuff...including a vintage section that was NOT overpriced..as a matter of fact..cheaper than the new stuff!

IMG_3580

IMG_3578IMG_3441

Men's on the second floor, playboy shoes!
IMG_3594IMG_3598

IMG_3526
What...they didn't have carts people..haha

IMG_3524IMG_3530

IMG_3532

This was a blazer from the GAP I ended up getting this cuz plaid is my favorite..and it's a plaid blazer...I KNOW!

IMG_3571

Didn't get this Asian inspired blazer but pretty..
IMG_3570

Here is a special viewing of what happens when you don't bring a friend with you to thrift..and well...yeah..take a look...

IMG_3564IMG_3565
IMG_3566IMG_3567

I just want you to know that I love you guys..and it is important to show you things that don't work..cuz not everything is amazing at the thrift store..i.e. Exhibit A
IMG_3561

umm yeah no..haha
IMG_3558

IMG_3557

Now...if I actually was like..I really need to find a yellow Elvis suit I would never EVER find one...well folks..Here it is..
IMG_3554

I kinda liked the colors of this dress, but I passed, I have too many dresses I haven't worn...
IMG_3553

Now, I am regretting letting this go..but I had to be really particular...I have so many projects that I am not allowing myself to get anything I have to reconstruct until I finish the ones I have now!
IMG_3551IMG_3550

It's no fur vest..which I still want by the way...but it is a faux fur collar..I got this..
IMG_3549

Ok, so as you saw in the first few pics..this Value Village had a Vintage seciton and it was sooo cheap..like $2 cheap..and this Brady Brunch special stuck out..I pictures it with skinny jeans and stillhettos..I know...Im whacko..but I LOVED it..so I got it..and it's plaid..haha
IMG_3539

One thing you will notice is that I tried on a lot of jackets...I was shocked to see so many..then I realized we were in SEATTLE..duh....no wonder we don't have many jackets...it's 100 degrees in Vegas! haha

IMG_3508

Loved the color of the 80's leather jacket..passed...
IMG_3540

IMG_3520

IMG_3518

IMG_3515

loved this raincoat..totally have one and haven't worn it..so no..
IMG_3541

IMG_3504

haha
IMG_3495
Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!

Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!

Thrifters Anonymous
Here is how it works...
  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
  • You can also check out my Youtube channel for Hauls, stylings, and more!
    LINK UP BELOW!

Share:

11 comments

  1. it's good thing that I don't have Goodwill stores here, I would be so addicted. Your stores are vast! Some of the dresses are so funny...heheh. I like the faux fur collar, so adorable!

    Thanks for hosting btw.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOODNESSSSSSSS!!!!! Im officially cool now!!!!! Thanks soooo much Shana for the LOVE. Im grinning super hard over here. Ok enough gushing. Thanks again and have an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been thrifting since September! I cannot believe that it has been that long. I have a list of things I am looking for so I think it is time to hit the stores again. I usually find that January is an amazing time to go with everyone having just cleaned out their closets for tax deductions.

    Love the fur collar!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plaid vest and blazer! Maybe I should make a trip to Seattle. I can't ever find blazers that fit! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Keesha's outfit and her blog. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shana thrifting on an empty stomach is the worst! Looks like you had tons of fun ..loving the fur collar and brown jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keesha's outfit is seriously awesome!!! And I'm laughing here over some of the super-cool stuff you found like the Elvis suit! I mean, that thing is hysterical! :) Aw, drooling over some of the jackets and the fur collar too!!! Oh, yeah....
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that Value Village well. It's a good one! Nice faux fur scarf!

    And the Thrifter of the Week is fantastic. The jumpsuit and blazer combo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.. I am so jealous. Your Value Village is the bomb.com. The one here in Baltimore is good, but wow that store has some great finds. The one here is a bit pricey. I go on the days where it's half off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keesha looks amazing! What a fabulous outfit. I have to go stalk her now.

    So, I had never heard of Savers or Value Village before. But last year, I went to Seattle, and my cousin took me to that Value Village!!!! I had no space in my suitcase, so I only bought two small things. But I was in heaven. It was the most amazing thrift store I have ever been to. After that I totally got why you're such a Savers girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig