Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! Dress For Success Bi-Annual Sale Preview


The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the week goes to Salazar
from
14 Shades of Grey



{Dress: Sonoma (thrifted via Smashion), Top: thrifted, Shoes: thrifted, Brooch: vintage}
Holy Moly Thrifters Anonymous is blowin up ya'all haha It makes my heart happy to see so many amazing women thrifting their hearts out...when I came across this thrifty gal I was smitten. I love the mixing of patterns, the vintage broach and the understated shoes...My head is turning thinking of all of the dresses I have that I can throw a top or sweater over...thanks for inspiring us and keep it up! Welcome to Thrifters Anonymous Salazar!
If you missed last weeks Thrifters Anonymous member of the week click HERE
  You can also see what what P.E. and I wore all week on the Thrifters Anonymous You Tube Channel!
SCROLL DOWN TO LINK UP!!!

This weekend kicked off the first Bi-Annual Sale at Dress for Success! While all donations are used for clients, some donations are just not appropriate for meetings and business. Some are also going to be out of season so they need to make room for spring and summer.I was so honored to be able to help with this event and it was a success!! With over $5,000 raised many women left feeling as if they had given back and left with a few awesome finds in their bags! I had family and friends stop by and assisted women in finding great colors and statement pieces to add to their wardrobe! It was seriously so much fun and I am really starting to think this may just be my calling..just sayin...anyway..I got some AMAZING things myself and will share those in next weeks Link Up, but for now here were a few pics I snapped of the goods...

These were some auction items, look at some of these names!
DSC05409

DSC05410
Ughh I really wanted this....
DSC05412

DSC05414

DSC05394

DSC05392

DSC05391

DSC05386

DSC05385

DSC05397

DSC05400

DSC05401

DSC05403
Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!

Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!
Thrifters Anonymous

Here is how it works...





  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
  • You can also check out my Youtube channel for Hauls, stylings, and more!
    LINK UP BELOW!

Share:

9 comments

  1. I like Salazar's outfit, really adorable! And I like the auction items too, looks really fabulous. I like the bags especially.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that striped top and plaid dress. What a great look! 13 Shades of Gray nailed it! The auction looked fun. Lots of high-end name brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! this is so cool! what exactly did the money raised go towards?

    Such a fun blog! I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER! I would love if you could visit my site and follow me back too! Actually, my current post uses a thrifted blouse from the salvation army! so cute and comfy! Looking forward to your visit!

    God bless
    christine
    beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for choosing me as member of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i like the last one best - turquoise and black zigzags with a neck tie! and i dont like the whole "pantone color of the season" deal...but the orange shoes and purse are pretty amazing!

    thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love that green blouse! I want it..ha! Just started following your blog over the weekend and I love it (i also love that we're the same age...go January babies!). I too am a thrift-aholic and love reading about other girls who are too and seeing what they find. :)

    -Diana

    P.S. Just curious, how often do you go thrifting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shana,
    Thanks so much for doing this. Can't help but come back almost every week. Just checked out Salazar's blog. She's definitely got style and deserves an award.
    xx
    maya
    http://byebyesoccermom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!! :)
    I love thirft (joutiya in arabic) or like I named it: Caverne d'Ali Baba! so i'm a moroccan joutista or thiftista hihihi
    happy to discover your blog.
    I just participate, and hope that i didn't forget anything!
    I'm you new follower :D
    http://leguidedelama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shana, I'm so glad you have a thrifting link up. I've been thinking about thrift shopping more and these ladies are giving me great inspiration.

    -Anh

    p.s. The auction items look so cool!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig