Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! Las Vegas Salvation Army August 15, 2011

The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the Week goes to  

It is no secret that I love blue...half of my closet is blue and if I could paint every room in our house blue I would...but the hubby wouldn't allow that so I opted for the craft room...ANYWAY...I also love a granny pant and this lady made one granny pant into a sexy "I ain't no granny" pair of pants!!!

I loved it so much that I set out on my own mission for some MAJOR granny pants...this refashion business used to be called "taking it in" it is amazing how cool it is to do this now...when we were little it was so dorky!!! and little for me was a LOOOONG time ago...

Thank you Haute Thrift for sharing with us your inspiration so we can all rock it like the granny's we are.....who said granny's weren't hot...
Go check out her blog here and look at what the pants looked like before!

Thank you ladies...you guys rocked it last week...from the shoes, to the scarves...maybe you guys should click the liked button to tell me who you are loving each week? Then the decision will be much easier...k...let's do that...
 Some of you asked if you could link up late and you can! The link up is all week, so if you miss it you can still go back and link up!
Don't forget to add your link to the left hand side HERE so we know who all of the members are!
{SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO LINK UP YOUR FINDS}

Charleston Store
4001 W. Charlston.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
The Salvation Army brings back so many memories...this was the thrift store we went to growing up...my first pair of old school roller skates...my first barbie (with creepy real hair haha), my first velvet jacket and lace dress...I hadn't been in years and thought with some of my most recent inspirations that I would take a look.
Before we go I always bring the ripped pages from magazines or swatches that have inspired me over the past weeks.
DSC09822

Salvation Army
All white tags were 75% off!!!
Salvation Army
Green tags were 50% off!
Salvation Army Shoes

Shoes
They had a huge selection of shoes, too bad the selection wasn't for HUGE feet...
DSC09832
Photographer Extraordinaire has been loving the draped look
Subtly Draped
She couldn't find a skirt, but found this draped blazer!
Trench Dress

DSC09827
I was loving this color...
Blue Blazer
I found this vintage blazer! The buttons are awesome and so are the lines...
Houndstooth

DSC09830
I have been seeing these loafers everywhere...
DSC09829
and plaid...
Plaid pants Loafers
I stumbled upon these Colin Stuart's..in my size!! I am not one for too much leopard...but I thought I would give these a try...oh and I love these "oskie woskie" plaid pants!
Here are few of the finds that didn't make the cut...

DSC09799DSC09797
DSC09796DSC09791
DSC09790DSC09785
DSC09783DSC09780

DSC09805

Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!
Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!
Thrifters Anonymous

Here is how it works...
  • Click on the "Click here to enter" button below
  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
  • I am also linking up to these parties! So many awesome crafts, ideas, and advice!
    Love this Blog! Check it..
    Tip Junkie handmade projects

LINK UP BELOW!
Share:

5 comments

  1. that you for hosting, I'm amazed at your thrfting talent. Always looking so chic and stylish with a thrifted wardrobe. Have a wonderful week!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that thrift store looks like heaven! Thanks for hosting the thrift party. Can't wait to see what everyone found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shana I love that you tear out magazine pictures to bring with you! I also love that you showed how what you found was inspired by the mags...mind if I steal the idea? You have the most amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thanks so much for even taking the time to look at my granny pants. Yeah sometimes a 'refashion' is simply taking something in; but other times, its a complete overhaul. G'luck on your granny-pant-hunt. lol

    X,
    Leslie of Haute Thrift

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently thrited some turquiose granny pants! Can't wait to wear them. Thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig