Friday, May 17, 2013

Business Attire

IMG_8232 IMG_8231
IMG_8241
IMG_8225 IMG_8219
Outfit Details
Dress: c/o eShakti
(Eshakti is having a site wide sale!!! 40% off !)
Heels: Discount Shoe Factory ( They were $7.99!!!)
Bracelet: Gift from my mom

Lately getting dressed for work has been a struggle...I am in a professional field and around men in business suits ALL DAY...men and women...but over the past 10 years I have basically decided to LET GO of wearing a suit... a matchy matchy these pants came with this jacket, looking all uptight, type of suit. I have also lost 30 pounds and find myself trying on my clothes in the morning only to remove them and throw them to the side. There is nothing more frustrating than having your clothes not fit..whether too tight or too big.. I am planning a closet haul soon but I am just not motivated or inspired. Until, I got this dress...a "business appropriate" SEXY, MODEST, dress I can wear to work, I can wear out... I wore it in our recent photo shoot and video shoot for Haute Shots!! More about that video in another post, but if you want to see it you can watch it HERE

I have one other custom made dress from eShakti and I know most of you...well most blogger's are very familiar with eShakti...but being a thrifter I get so excited about fun, funky, and interesting items that I forget a staple like this dress. I opted to just choose a size rather than a custom sizing like I did last time and it fit me perfectly!! I plan on wearing this a lot...with a blazer, with tights, as a skirt, as a suit...I was just happy to feel sexy and appropriate for work...If you haven't checked out eShakti you should... They have a large selection  but more importantly they can custom make your dress to fit YOU...SO when it is time to get ready in the morning you will actually put it on and leave the house...You will be seeing me in this dress quite a bit...and I'm ok with that...I may be a thrifter but investing in staple pieces are important...like blazers, the perfect black dress and in my case...SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER haha More of me wearing clothes coming soon!
Share:

7 comments

  1. I have the weight loss struggle through and am building up my wardrobe every check. I have an eShakti dress also, that I haven't worn yet. :)

    I love your dress, polka dots are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress with those shoes are wonderful!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly
    $750 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you had lost 30 pounds. I would love to hear more about your story. This dress looks fab on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dress--the remixing possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can even begin to say how much I love this outfit! The shoes are killer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! HOT Mama. Love the pop of color you added with the shoes! Yummy!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig