Tuesday, June 20, 2023

One Room Challenge: Choosing the wallpaper for our entry way REVEAL + Things to think about before you order!



I feel like a broken record. Not sure if you guys are out there. Hi. Me again. I can't believe I am just getting to updating you on the progress of my One Room Challenge, my fault for doing essentially 2 rooms at once. My life has been on a journey of a lifetime, most of you know I am going through IVF and just finished our 5th retrieval in New York. I filmed it all but will share more soon, I also lost Sasha my cat. She was 20 years old and one of my best friends. That makes 2 animals during a one room challenge. I don't know what that means...maybe diving into this helped through it...but regardless here we are. But until then I wanted to share my reveal of the entry way wallpaper!!! 

If you know me then you know my love for wallpaper. While bold this wallpaper has brought me pure joy and has most literally brought me out of such an incredible low. It brightens my day and has always brought a smile to everyone's face when they walk in. Sharing more on Instagram and soon will be doing a fun tour on Thrifters Anonymous Youtube!! So let me walk you through! 

If you remember the below were my top picks after ordering samples from Milton & King.They send a standard 8.5" x 11". I am just so impressed with Milton & King and have fallen in love with their patterns and even more with the qaulity. If you have been thinking about wallpaper, look no more, I promise you will fall in love with your home all over again and bring new life to every wall! 

If you followed along... the beginning of this year I revealed our dinging room wallpaper reveal and it is exquisite and beyond my expectations. You can view the reveal HERE. We chose the Tuscan Landscape Mural. So....


This paper is described as a romantic wallpaper inspired by Japanese woodcut prints, drawn from Van Gogh’s masterful command of color and emotion. and wow does it evoke emotion alright. and I FELL IN LOVE with the quote on the site. I know, but once I saw it I knew I had to take the leap! 

“Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.” – Van Gogh

I know so good! This pattern comes in 6 colorways but the CHARTREUSE was calling my name! 

Below you will find the dimensions and more importantly the pattern repeat and pattern match! Something I have learned are really important when designing with wallpaper! Pattern repeat means that the design on your wallpaper repeats within 24" in this case. So it will appear again vertically 24 inches! yeah, I know! Something I hadn't' even noticed!  This is important when you are measuring how much to order also if you are trying to create a pattern on a smaller wall or some sort of awkward area. I also keep in mind on how large the space is, as I feel like when the pattern repeat is really short the pattern would look better in a smaller room like a bathroom etc. This pattern was right in the middle and could go either way depending on styling! 

Oh and a straight match pattern match will make your life a 100 times easier! 

  • ROLL DIMENSIONS

    24" (61.5cm) x 33ft (10.05m)
  • PATTERN REPEAT

    24" (61cm)
  • PATTERN MATCH

    Straight Match
  • FINISH

    Pre-trimmed Butt Join
  • CLEANABILITY

    Washable
  • USAGE

    Domestic & Commercial
Did I mentioned the wallpaper got to me in 4 days!!! 
After FINALLY choosing the wallpaper and color after being scared and re-thinking my decision a hundred times I was so excited. I knew I wanted to also paint the door on the inside since our HOA won't let us do anything to the outside of our house EVER haha. After several swatches i.e. 12 haha I went with Benjamin More Blue Danube. It complemented the gorgeous peacock blue in the paper and looked amazing next to the chartreuse and let's face it. Who doesn't want a blue door? 

First thing's first we removed the texture on the wall, because now I can't unsee how amazing it looks when you do that. 


We then primed the whole area. I used Sherwin Williams Professional Primer. 

We did the whole area AND the door!



And then we painted the door BLUE!!!! 

Ugh SO MUCH BETTER! 

With a few friends who have done a space like this before we layed out the wallpaper measured and began pasting! I used the recommended paste on the Milton & King website FAQ's Roman Ultra Clear and a paint roller! 

It took about an hour, a wet sponge to smooth it out worked perfectly and a razer for the ends. I learned my lesson from the Cranes...and cut it immediately and didn't let it dry! So... head on over to my Instagram later today and I will be sharing some of the process and pictures and yes even a reel...and then the big reveal tomorrow!! Excited for you all to see the final wallpaper reveal! 

and well, while you are waiting head on over to Milton & King's website and check out the other colors of the Almond Blossom Wallpaper...um can someone please get the eggplant peacocks? PLEASE??? Seriously!!! Ugh gorgeous!! 


xoxo,
Shana 






 





Share:

3 comments

  1. Love the door color

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your blog is like a beacon of knowledge in the digital landscape. It's always a pleasure to read well-crafted content like yours."
    https://www.discountdrift.com/promotions

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your blog is a go-to destination for anyone interested. The way you tackle complex subjects with clarity is truly impressive."
    https://www.couponsstudio.com/all-stores

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig