Friday, March 18, 2011

A Scarf & A Rabbi

Day 28

Day 28

Day 28

Day 28

Day 28

Day 28

Day 28
Shoes: Guess Marshalls $24.99 (2009), Skirt: Kenar Marshalls $10 (2008), Cardigan: H&M Thrifted Savers  $2.50 (2009), Scarf: Thrifted Savers $.50 (2007), Bracelet: Thrifted Savers$1, Earrings: H&M Set of 6 $3.75 (2011), Purse: Coach Gifted  I LOVE THIS BAG! Thank you secret friend :O) (2011)
Outift Total: $42.74
Happy St. Patty's Day! what...haha ok I suck...I was doing so good too...I have been very busy in a great way and I love what I do...but I have had no time to post anything. So this was my ode to St. Patrick...let's face it..I'm a Moroccan Jew who lives in Vegas...not a whole lotta irish in me..but I love the Irish and I love holidays! I also love this scarf that I have never worn but found at a thrift shop and knew that one day I would wear it...It was funny I walked into work and my photographer extraordinaire said "Did you give up on your 30x30 challenge?" so I said "No, why?" and she said "cuz you're not wearing the right clothes!" Ummm yes I am...all of this is from my 30x30! I can't believe it..I managed to fool photographer with my re-mixing skills! It was the scarf that threw her off I know it! haha

So I had Torah study this week..I love it...at first I was so not excited..not because I don't love the Torah or that I don't want to go...it's just after work...I wanna go to the gym then go home...but once a month we have a group of us that get together, meet with a rabbi and talk about life, death, love, and everything in between.

This week I was exceptionally tired...maybe it was the gala I had on Sunday, or the stupid time change that still makes me mad whenever I look at my car clock which I still have not changed...anyway...this week we discussed Purim, which is Saturday, and we talked about CHALLENGES. You know...challenges...we all have them...Sometimes I feel like I have more and sometimes I am blessed, but all in all we all have something we have to face. Well, I asked the Rabbi why it is that certain things happen? Why did my mom pass away so young? Why did my grandpa have a stroke? Why do people hurt people? What is inside of them to hate so much? We talked about our MISSION...our mission in life...that when someone passes they have served their purpose in this lifetime...while it may be sad for us...they have done what they needed to do. So then I asked him, when do we know that we have served our mission in life? and then..with a sigh..and the rising of his arms..as most rabbi's do..."ahhh Shana, that is a good question...you will NEVER, know if you have met your MISSION in LIFE...." UMMM WHAT! how the heck am I suppose to know I am on the right path? REALLY>>>? Rabbi? You are supposed to tell me I am on the right path and tell me that everything will be ok..and that things happen for a reason!!! I was kinda pissed so I zoned out and started stuffing green olives in my mouth and mumbling under my breath...I shoulda went to the gym!! and then he said......

"The more challenging it is, the more important it is to do it... this will ensure that you found your mission in life...do everything possible with integrity and passion" 

I literally stopped in my tracks...for some reason this really resonated in me and I just really thought to myself...this is what it is all about...it is what the 30x30 challenge was about...it's what learning calculus is all about...it's what death is about...and illness..and all of the sucky things we have to deal with. IF this is true then the most important day of our life is when we leave this earth...

so make everyday count....and if it sucks...wake up...and start all over again...

Happy Friday everyone!! Have a wonderful weekend! and thank you for all of your sweet comments and encouraging words!
Share:

12 comments

  1. I awarded you and your wonderful blog with the Versatile Blogger Award :)Congratulations!!For more details go here http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    xo
    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  2. the background is perfect, especially that gorgeous tree! I love the length of that skirt on you.

    I had a long, tough week, too. Let's hope next week will bring a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of your post - you definitely made me look! :) That was a great story. Very inspiring!!

    This outfit is wonderful - it has a slightly vintage look to it. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! please please do ANutha Mutha post!! ANYONE can, not just 'mothers' per say. today's featured girlie is not a mutha or married, just seriously ANYONE can do it and i'd LOVE to show your gorgeousness off!! just email me a hnorth at gmail dot com!! woohoo!

    hillary
    www.helpamutha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf, and your shoes are fabulous! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the red cardigan on you and that scarf is beautiful!!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post. First of all, I REALLY love this outfit and it totally fooled me too. :)
    Secondly, what a great message. It's totally how I want to live my life and yet sometimes, I still need to hear it again from someone else.
    Thanks! And I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Miss you, Shana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following you! (:

    Nice pics! ^^




    http://paulacapel-rules.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. deep stuff lady! stating over daily is a great way to get through things in life though. and that mentality can keep people going in the direction they want to be heading in. true true :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love being almost finished with the challenge??

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Jew in Vegas? Def a rarity! I'm a Jew in Florida... with red hair! Probably equally as rare. :) Love your looks! Green scarf adds great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig