Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tuxedo Ruffles & My Mother's Clutch

Tuxedo Ruffles

Tuxedo Ruffles

Tuxedo Ruffles

Tuxedo Ruffles

Tuxedo Ruffles
Tuxedo Ruffles
Tuxedo Ruffles
Outfit Details
Shoes: Cynthia Rowley Marshalls
Skirt: Nine West Thrifted
Shirt: Lace underneath H&M ( was like $4!)
Blouse: H&M (umm $4!)
Bracelet: My mom's
Purse: My mom's
Earrings: Thrifted
With Mother's Day fast approaching I can't help but find myself thinking of my mom, dreaming of my mom, and being thankful for Husbands Mom. With that being said, my mom, was sooo beautiful and was  my source and inspiration for fashion. She literally could put a t-shirt on and look like she was going to some fancy gala. I swear she had some sort of wind machine on her at all times. She would walk into the room and with perfect placement, the wind would blow and she would look stunning. I am going to have to find some pics to show you guys..seriously...ughh anyway, with all of the amazing items she owned my sister and I happened to get our hands on some of her amazing pieces, and through this fashion blogging I have decided to showcase something of hers at every chance I get. And not because it was just my mom's but because I absolutely love all of her pieces and they truly reflect my style.

As a little girl I admired this bag from afar. It was one of my favorites. No name inside, this bag serves as one of my favorite clutches.

I must admit, even after I didn't think I would care, I found myself watching Kate and William. Yep, I cried, I smiled, and I admired this fairytale that was happening before our eyes. More importantly I felt as though I could relate to William in losing his mother, though I had mine at my wedding, I can't help but think of how I will react at my sisters. Anyway, I heart Kate...her style, her grace..and the fact she just freaking married a prince! haha

Sorry for not posting this yesterday, I think I finally realized what happens when you don't get enough sleep...and let me just tell you it's not good! I am EXHAUSTED! oh and I need to get photoshop, I was playing around me that picnik thingy on Flickr...so that is why the pics look different, oh and I need a new camera! STAT!

P.S. ONLY 3 Moredays untill my THANK YOU to everyone for being so amazing Trashy Vintage Giveaway is over! So ENTER HERE and GOOD LUCK!!!

There are some pretty awesome new pieces on her EBAY so check it!


Have a wonderful Saturday!








Share:

11 comments

  1. that first photo on the post is absolutely stunning! I love love love the outfit and the bag.

    So sorry to hear about your mom, but its great that you have her in your heart : )

    http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/11126737.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit is so cute . I'm loving those shoes :)I would love to see some pictures of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit but I am a sucker for ruffles!

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love cross process! how sweet and wonderful that you have some great pieces of your mother's!! i'm sure she is smiling down on you and your gorgeous self!! i love the skirt, like i've said before i'm in serious need of some good skirts!!

    hillary
    www.helpamutha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you look so stunning babe!! Such beautiful serene pictures. Loving the whole outfit :):):) x.x.x

    www.nkazalbash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post--the outfit, the lighting, your new hair!! You are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Beauty! I just found your blog and you are soo inspiring! Love the ruffle skirt and the turquoise nails! xox! http://theeedgeofblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good clutch, especially one with a story behind it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so how adorable are you?! Love your clutch and the ruffle skirt is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog about your mama! Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting to love Cynthia Rowley Marshalls! Anyway, it's great that you miss your mom. Don't ever forget about her.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig