Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Giving Thanks Early: THE MEAL

IMG_2366 IMG_2286 IMG_2296 IMG_2300
IMG_2297

IMG_2310 IMG_2315 IMG_2316 IMG_2360 IMG_2324 IMG_2339
IMG_2344 IMG_2352 IMG_2349 IMG_2355 IMG_2302
IMG_2357 IMG_2358 IMG_2370 IMG_2369

Well, I am just now getting to sharing our Thanksgiving dinner we hosted before we left for our cruise...haha so the dinner was early...the post...well not so much....see for the past couple of years we have been hosting a Thanksgiving Potluck/Late night Party, here is last years post.... We found that everyone just had WAAAY to many dinners to attend on Thanksgiving day, leaving our stomachs full and absolutely no time to spend with family. It was a Saturday and no one had tasted any turkey or stuffing yet...so it was exciting! If you scroll up you will see me standing next to the table, I had oh so delicately set up the table rearranging the flowers like I don't know...40 TIMES...only to realize I was missing 4 chairs...I was soo pissed...haha I MEAN LIKE PISSED.....and then the hubby snapped a picture AFTER I had to muster up 4 random plates...random chairs...and somehow squeeze them on our new table from my papa. 

We also forgot to take any pictures of the buffet set up...but I cooked my broccolini with fresh garlic and olive oil, my aunt made her famous walnut crusted stuffing, candied yams, and sauteed green beans...my dad made his delicious "I can never figure out how to make" Giblet gravy, sis made Mac N Cheese...which tasted almost identical to Stauffers :O), cousin Steve brought wine and beer, cousin Jason and his lovely girlfriend brought pumpkin pie and chocolate fountain dippers... Megan brought us the goods for S'mores and the hubby...well...the hubby started at 8 am to bake his Kilbourn family tradition potato rolls...stressing all day over the yeast and the rising...those rolls...yes I had one...those rolls...were AMAZING....like gooey goodness....if only I could figure out how to make them with sweet potatoes and oats...hmmmm

The food was amazing..and the company even more so....more pics to come...Dessert and Hookah! now I'm hungry...
Share:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig