Friday, January 21, 2011

Kick In the Butt Friday!



I am the one on the right side with the big bun!
 


Ok, so I have been getting these quotes daily from Runners World and they are so inspiring! I often send them to friends and family and now I want to share them with everyone! So, every Friday I will choose my favorite quote of the week and post it...and explain how it may relate to me....but I want to hear from everyone! So tell me how it makes you feel or perhaps how it inspires you in your life!


"Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run."
Dean Karnazes, Ultrarunner and best-selling author

For me it triggered something that I have been struggling with lately. It has been so long since I have taken a dance class or picked up my viola. And I am so scared to. Why? Why am I so scared to do something I loved so much? Is it failure, embarrassment? time? I started dancing at the Royal Academy of Ballet when I was 7. I was actually old...if you can believe it...so I made my way through grades, skipping to get to where the rest of my age group was. I received honors every year, and that is when the pressure started. I loved dancing, and I loved performing...and I knew how happy it made my parents. I look back and wish I could be in that place again, of innocence, having both my mom and dad there supporting me. It was so easy...weight wasn't an issue, aching bones wasn't an issue...being 30 wasn't an issue! haha But I was really good, and more importantly it made me happy, fulfilled, that feeling of satisfaction.

During Torah study this week the Rabbi brought up a point of growth, life, and death. That we should never be content with our relationships and life. I was somewhat confused until he said, that we are like a tree...that is continually growing. He did mention that we should be content with money and any materialistic things, but always look to grow in every other aspect of your life. And when we leave this earth, the only thing that we can hold on to is what we have given, no one can take that away from you... Anyway, Dance, music, arts...that is where I was content..yet I still wanted to grow...but it stopped somewhere between me graduating from high school and my mom getting sick. So here I am...on a Friday..reading this quote..and as Nene would say...BAM...it's not about winning or being first, it's about just doing what you love..because in the end...you will win...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!




Share:

2 comments

  1. That's a fabulous quote. I think it can be very hard to continue something you loved- and succeeded at- as a child when you're an adult. We inevitably leave behind what we love for one reason or another; it's part of growing up. Everyone feels the desire to return, but taking the steps to do it is very difficult. I hope that you'll pursue your interest and return to dancing... It will be hard, but worthwhile. In the meantime, I'll be following your blog. You're a very stylish lady!
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! This really spoke to me! I am going to do the things that cause me to grow out of joy, not desire to compete with others.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig