Thursday, February 24, 2011

I bless the rains down in Africa...

Day 15

DSC02348

Day 15

DSC02347

DSC02349

DSC02346

DSC02345

DSC02339
Boots: Tahari (2003), Tights: Betsy Johnson $3 Marshalls (2004), Dress: H&M $3 (2011), Bag: H&M $12 (2005), Necklace: Savers $1 (2010), Belt: Savers $1 (2009)

"Gonna take some time to do the things we never have, HAAAAVE , aaaaaaaaveeeee..DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHH" Ok are you singing yet? Seriously sang this song all day yesterday while wearing this...haha I LOVE this dress by the way...and yes..it was $3....haha I decided to put the year of when I got these items...some are really old...some are new...some are new old...I thought that would help..in case you wanted to go out and buy them...If you catch H&M when they are clearing seasons...they seriously try and get rid of everything..I never liked H&M because they were a little over priced..but $3...It is 2 sizes too big, but with the belt, I felt really comfortable in it... Size is not important if you look good and feel good..that is another reason why I love thrifting by the way.

So, yesterday I had another great workout with my good friend. It is truly amazing the kind of workout you can get when you are with someone who pushes you..I must say I push her too, but that is the best part. I am not sure if it is just because I am super competitive and like to win..or I truly want to push myself..Either way we got the best compliment while we were doing our crazy super sets. There is a trainer at the gym that is also a martial artist and he walked by us yesterday when we were doing a unique exercise working our quads, calves, obliques, AND Shoulders...and he said "That one is great ladies! Nice work!" I was so excited that I might have pulled my neck muscle showing off in front of him..but that is also a plus of working out at a gym or in a class. People are watching you which in turn makes you hold your stomach in, smile, and hit every move with perfection...or at least I speak for myself haha We proceeded to hula hoop, which by the way is a great workout for your abs and it makes you happy! Anyway, my friend and I will have our pictures of our exercises as promised and will be posting them soon so that you can get the googly eyes in the gym and outside of the gym this summer!

On a side note..I made the best Cajun Trout salad last night...seriously...it was delicious...You are not gonna believe what I did though. I sat down with husband to eat our salad's and I stuck my fork in the salad and the juices from the jalapeno, shot right into my eye...literally and I was wearing glasses!!! It shot right into my eye under my glasses...haha I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes...it was burning..anyway...I only tell you this because if you make it beware!!! haha I should have taken a pic of it...maybe next time.

Louisiana Blackened Trout Spinach Salad ( I made it up..but I am sure there are variations out there)
Serves/Makes: 1

Ingredients:
1 Steel Head Trout Fillets (Costco Frozen)
2 tablespoons (30 mL) Blackened Seasoning Louisiana Fish Fry

3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
Salad:
1 cup of fresh organic spinach (Costco)
1 cup fresh romaine lettuce
6 Large Green Olives (sliced)
1 tablespoons fresh sliced jalapeno
2 large white mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
How to cook Cajun Trout:
Sprinkle trout fillets, on one side only, with Cajun spices, RUB IN
In a large pan, preheat olive oil.
Add trout fillets, sprinkled side down and cook, over low heat, for 4 minutes.
Turn trout fillets ( I usually sprinkle the other side now)
Cook for 4 more minutes, until trout flesh can easily broken-up with a fork.

Place fish on top of your salad and burn your eyes out!!! hahaa

Enjoy :O)
Don't forget to link up any secrets you may have to helping all of us save some money and get creative! Remember it doesn''t have to be clothing and it doesn't have to be from a thrift store, it just needs to be on SALE, or possibly a secret to saving a few dollars!



Share:

6 comments

  1. Love your outfit ... looks cute!

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time I see your pics I'm like ooo ooo i know where that is! then I'm like wait all of Scottsdale looks the same... do u even live in Scottsdale?

    Idk why but working out even near someone I know is weird for me... I'm a strange lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! It looks so warm there...I bought a shirt dress like this just before the 30 and can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're adorable!!! You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this outfit!
    Dress, necklace, tights, boots, hair. You styled everything perfectly.
    Thanks for the recipe too. Sounds delish! I'd probably leave out shooting myself in the eye with jalapeno though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, I really need to find a dress like this :)

    visit heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig