Thursday, August 11, 2016

#FindingFaith: Bracelets with a Cause

Hi friends! This week I'm going to share with you my love for bracelets. Especially bracelets with a cause and bracelets handmade by my friends. These are just some of the bracelets I have and love.
 My favorite bracelet cause right now is definitely 3 Strands. They give jobs to victims of human trafficking and raise awareness of this epidemic. Here is a link to their website. http://www.3strandsglobal.com/what-we-do/ Also, check out this video, brought tears to my eyes! https://youtu.be/UzKGFf8vlUA These are the bracelets I own...





Next on the list for favorite bracelets with a cause. We.org, especially the ME to WE Rafikis.  Each bracelet is handmade with love by a woman in Kenya, empowering her to earn a living and create a better future for her family and her community. There is even a code you can enter from your purchase that tracks your impact.
Another favorite bracelet of mine was made my my dear friend and mentor, Tsikki Thau. I believe she has some for sale at Innovative Healing on Ann Rd. She also started Offir's Dream, a charity whose mission is to provide a loving support system to the ill and terminally ill and raise awareness for brain cancer research in honor of her brother who died from brain cancer. Here is her website. http://www.tsikkithau.com/ 
And last but not least, my braided parachute cord (paracord) bracelet made with love by my stepdaughter's boyfriend. Thanks Dawson! It's not only stylish, but it is considered to be survival gear because of its many uses. I found this online to explain more about what you can use paracord for and how to make your own bracelet. You can even donate bracelets that you make for Operation Gratitude. Operation Gratitude annually sends 250,000+ care packages filled with snacks, entertainment, hygiene products, handmade items, plus personal letters of appreciation to New Recruits, Veterans, First Responders, individually-named U.S. Service Members deployed overseas, Wounded Heroes and their caregivers.https://www.operationgratitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/HowtoMakeaParacordSurvivalBracelet.pdf

Until next time I leave you with this...

Creatively yours,

Faith
Share:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the links on the different organizations where I can donate and buy some of the bracelets they offer. I love DIY paracord bracelets and I like the idea of sending some of my creations to operation gratitude - what an awesome idea! These paracords can help these responders and caregivers since these are very useful tools. I've been doing a lot of customized paracord bracelets and usually frequent sites that gives great ideas everytime, like my fave here http://myoutdoorslife.com/diy/paracord-bracelet-uses.html

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig