Monday, January 23, 2012

Thrifters Anonymous Link Up! My birthday party thrifting preview!


The Thrifters Anonymous Member of the week goes to Brittany
from
Nothing New Treasures


{Dress – Thrifted by Sally Ann – trade,Boots – Thrift Center $10, Belt- Thrift Center $2}

Brittany...You look seriously hot in this dress!!!! I love the cut, the color, the buttons, how you styled it! Great trade and great thrifted boots too!! While most know my love for fellow thrifters such as yourself, I am happy to welcome you to the Thrifters Anonymous Family!!! Please continue to share your finds, and if you are ever in need of trading this dress please let me know...cuz I kinda love it...A LOT!  Thanks Brittany!!
If you missed last weeks Thrifters Anonymous member of the week click HERE You guys rock, so many linked up and sooo many great winter finds styled...

So....sorry this post is soo late...It is my birthday today folks...yep...that's me when I was born...a very very very long time ago...thanks mom...I'm pretty awesome now...and I owe it to you and dad...

If you guys follow my PINTEREST, or TWITTER, or FACEBOOK, you know I have been on a birthday party hunt for weeks now...my party was amazing, and everything I could have imagined...thanks to, the hubby (who was suffering with a massive toothache, SISTER and one of my crafty and creative best friends and her amazing boyfriend (AB), I was able to make my vision into a reality...it wasn't just helping me decorate for my party...it was helping make my house into a home..I know...cheese ball right? haha I am eternally grateful, and now I get to LIVE here...pretty schweet I tell ya...There are so many pics and stories to share, so I will save that for another day...until then, here is a small video of me and P.E. at Goodwill, and a few pics of some of my recent finds, and gifts for my home!

This was a gift from a dear friends mom...who really gave me that extra bit of inspiration to get the house done! Isn't this typewriter beautiful? haha I know...some of you are like...huh? Check my pinterest and you will get what I mean...
DSC04475

Have you guys been to Desert Industries? Most of my furniture, chairs, and home decor is from here...very inexpensive...I will talk more about this place...it's on Craig and Decatur for you Vegas peeps..
DSC04477

SAVERS had a suitcase!!! and curtains...and doiles...and table cloths, and vases...and pictures, and shelves...haha yeah...50% off day couldn't have come at a better time!
My Vintage Suitcase and doiles and drapes from Savers!



Now it is your turn!
 If you have a thrifted item, a sale item, or something you can help others save money or time on from this past week, Link up to Thrifters Anonymous every MONDAY and you will have a chance to be featured! Let's be real folks...who doesn't want to see what others are doing to save money, or even how they are letting their creativity amaze us. Oh and not to mention that it's just a cool club and there are no rules, so I won't punish you if you don't want to post my button...I mean it is anonymous right? Thank you and see you every Monday!

Hi, My Name is {Your Name HERE} I am addicted to Thrifting!




Thrifters Anonymous
Here is how it works...
  • In the "Link it to" section, leave a link to one specific Thrifters Anonymous post from the past week or week prior...doesn't matter...
  • In the "Title" section, tell me what was thrifted cuz you were super excited about your outfit or new couch . An example would be "Thrifted Belt, handmade skirt, & shoes on sale!
  • That's all...and there is no judgement here...everything is worthy...and believe me once you link up you are officially a Thrifters Anonymous Member...FOR EVA..ha ha ok..or as long as I am doing this madness..
  • If you miss the link up or do not have a blog Link up to my facebook and share! I would love to see your finds and meet you!
  • You can also check out my Youtube channel for Hauls, stylings, and more!
    LINK UP BELOW!

Share:

6 comments

  1. Great Thrifter pick! Ive never seen Brittany's blog before but I will check it out soon. She looks FAB!!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANA!!!! I hope your day is AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shana! I'm so glad to have found a niche of people with the same thrifting disease as me. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANA!!! I really hope you had a lovely party!
    Anyways, I agree on Brittany's dress- it's awesome, and her boots are amazing too! And the video was fun to watch, as always, the sequin dress you picked looked stunning :) Did you buy it?
    Have a very sweet day!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love the video. It was so much fun to see.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether in combat training, board rooms or classrooms, gaming can add much to our daily lives. We can meet new people and increase our knowledge and abilities as we enjoy a change of pace from our daily routines. The following article has computer game suggestions and tricks that you can apply today.

    Save your game in multiple slots. Every now and then, save it in another one. There may be a time when you wish to return to the game and do something new. If you just keep saving as you go along, you won't have that option.

    When possible, download and try demos of games to determine if you actually like it. You can find out if you will even like the game play. Although, it is good to exercise caution when downloading demos. Be sure you only download from well-known websites to avoid computer issues.

    Before you allow your children to play a video game, ensure you know its rating. Some games have violent content and are meant for people that are over 18. Violence can give your children the wrong values, which may show later in life. Try to refrain from video games that promote violence for your children's sake.

    If you come across a difficult game that is causing you to feel frustrated, it is a good idea to put it aside for awhile and return to it later. If you're not playing particularly well, try switching to another game to avoid frustration. Avoid frustration as it can negate the positive aspects of gaming.

    It can be helpful to play a trial version of a game you are unsure about purchasing. These computer game trials are extremely helpful in helping you determine if you want to spend your hard earned cash on a game. If you the trial of a certain game, try buying the full version.

    Never clean your system, no matter the age, with strong cleaners. Lightly blowing can help to remove dust, and this is often all it takes to get things up and running. You can destroy your wii if you use harsh chemicals on it.

    It may sound simple purchasing a new game; however, it can be quite a difficult decision. You can waste money on bad games if you don't do your research. Read reviews on the Internet to see how good a game is before you make a purchase.

    Always familiarize yourself on the novice levels before going on to the more demanding levels. These games are pretty difficult, and trying on rookie can help you build skills. After you have mastered the control, buttons and functions of the game, then move on and challenge yourself.

    All games have ratings thanks to the ESRB. Games are appropriate for ages 3 and older if they receive an EC or Early Childhood rating. If your children are six and older, a rating of E is appropriate. A rating of E+10 is for people older than 10 years old. If your game is rated T, it is suggested that you be 13 or older to play it. "M" (mature) rated games are for people who are at least 17 years old. AO indicates the game is just for adults and RP signifies "Rating Pending."

    Figure out how to operate the safety and parental controls of any gaming system that comes into your home. You can likely make adjustments that keep kids from viewing mature content. Some allow each gaming profile to be customized separately, allowing adults to enjoy games not meant for younger audiences.

    With the right tips and tricks at your fingertips, you never have to feel like a video gaming novice again. Keep this piece close so that you can easily navigate the gaming world. Even if you are an experienced gamer, you can use ideas from the above article to enhance your gaming experience.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU to everyone for making me laugh and smile everyday! I love reading every comment and will always do my best to reply!
Love Always,
Shana

© shana emily | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig